Lolita Wardrobe 2023

2023/01/29


I decided to do a wardrobe post this year!

Unfortunately, unlike my photos in previous years, I was not able to take them during daylight hours. I tried my best but they may be a bit fried from excessive photo editing. Due to time constraints, this post excludes socks and small accessories that I don't feel like editing.

Now let's begin~!



Angelic Pretty Lacy Princess JSK

I bought this knowing it was missing a bow. The one attached is from a blouse.



Little Dipper/小熊星座 Cat Reaching for the Stars/摘星猫 OP

This dress has become so pilled over the years. I hope Little Dipper can rerelease it one day in cotton.



Angelic Pretty Practice JSK

I live in this dress during the fall/winter months. It looks much better when worn, I promise!



Wheat House/麦子屋 Plaid Meow Meow/格纹喵喵 JSK + Rosette

This dress has definitely seen better days. It is starting to pill. While Wheat House has done several releases of this series, the JSK seems to have only been released once. I bought it without the optional pearls on the bows. The rosette was a separate purchase but it remains on the dress at all times.



Milk Egg Shell/奶蛋壳 Sugar Overflow/糖分溢出 JSK

This is the second release of the series. The cotton fabric wrinkles very easily but the skirt is so full and beautiful. The yellow is more like an ivory, which I much prefer.



C.C.Cat/吸吸猫 Little Sweet Bean/小甜豆 JSK

While everyone was focused on Rainbow Dollhouse, I was obsessed with this series. Technically, the series can also be translated as 'Sweet Doll'. I bought this special white x pink colorway during C.C.Cat's closing sale. It is extremely poofy without a petticoat because of all the layers!



Baby, the Stars Shine Bright Kumya's Love Heart Embroidery JSK

It is very hard to see details on this dress, but the Usakumya and Kumakumya embroidery is so cute! I actually drew this print in an illustration, long before I received it, so it was interesting to compare what I drew with what the actual dress looked like.



Baby, the Stars Shine Bright Millefeuille JSK

Still my favourite classical series dress! I love the rose lace and the tiered skirt. This is the release with sizes. It has 2 hearts on the tag.



Angelic Pretty Lovely Organdy JSK

I didn't like this dress until I saw other people wearing it. It makes me feel like I am wearing a petticoat as a dress. The hearts on the waist ties are too cute!



Angelic Pretty Lovely Bunny JSK

I affectionately name this dress 'bunny pockets' because the pockets are my favourite.



Angelic Pretty Nakayoshi Bunny JSK

I wished the MTO was available in hot pink, but I had to settle for black. It is starting to grow on me.



Little Dipper/小熊星座 Gone With The Wind/乱世佳人 Bustier + SK

I am sorry that you cannot see the details very well on this dress, but there is a subtle rose pattern on the fabric. I found it weird that the top had white lining while the skirt had black lining.



Angel's Heart/天使之心 沉香屑 OP + Belt

This dress is so gorgeous and it made me fall in love with the brand. I had to hunt down the belt secondhand on Xianyu. I haven't had a chance to wear it outside yet because it's too fancy.



Little Bear/小能熊Lara's Doll/劳拉的玩偶OP

I got this dress during the first release. There are some minor things about it that aren't good, but overall I love the quality of the lace and how easy it is to wear. The sleeves are detachable so I usually wear it as a short sleeve OP. I have worn this dress to eat hotpot several times and have not gotten a single stain on it.



Angelic Pretty Dessert Collection JSK

This dress is super underrated. I hardly see anyone talk about this when they talk about velveteen and glitter dresses. I still need to get this altered so it fits me better.



Angelic Pretty Chocolat-chan Going Out JSK

This was a wishlist dress of mine and I'm so happy I found it! I never knew that Chocolat-chan had a mouth until I looked under the ribbon. This is also a dress that I need to alter so it fits me better.



Sibyl Heisei/平成魔女 Heron/苍鹭2.0 JSK

This looks truly awful in my photo and I am sorry. It does not do this dress justice. This is the infamous denim lolita dress. It is really heavy and the pockets on it are really deep. I can fit an entire water bottle in one! I was surprised to see that all the metal hardware on this dress is also branded.



Angelic Pretty Day Dream Carnival JSK

I still haven't worn this dress outside since I mentioned it in a previous wardrobe post, but it's still the best dream dress of all time.



Angelic Pretty Sugary Carnival JSK

I said I would get Sugary Carnival if it ever got rereleased and so this is why I have it.



Angelic Pretty Cat Tea Party JSK

I don't wear this dress very much just because of how expensive it was, but I still love it even years later.



Angelic Pretty Cinema Doll JSK

I finally did a thorough wash of this dress and to my surprise, it did not bleed. I used multiple colour catching sheets and they were still pure white after the wash.



Angelic Pretty Princess Cat JSK

The ribbons on this dress are still balding so I will need to repair it soon.



Angelic Pretty Dolly Cat JSK

I noticed a bit of fading on this dress one time, so I don't wear it as much as I used to. It's really pretty and I enjoy having it in my wardrobe.



Angelic Pretty Romantic Cat JSK

I really need to wear this dress more often! It is the grey colourway.



Metamorphose Temps De Fille Kitten and Tulip JSK

My first purchase ever from Metamorphose! I originally thought I should get it in grey, but now I am glad I was persuaded to get it in pink. It looks much prettier in person than in any photo out there.



Angelic Pretty Fleur Cat JSK

The colours on this dress make it one of the most versatile dresses in my wardrobe.



Cute.Q Kitty Laundry/猫咪洗衣房JSK

This is an unexpectedly popular dress.



August Maiden/八月乙女 Fresh Strawberry Cream Cat/莓喵雪顶JSK

This dress includes the neckties that were an additional purchase. I feel very lucky to have this dress despite the flaws and controversy with this series. This is the rerelease from last year. It was not announced on any of the lolita update pages or any Taobao resellers. It basically had no promotion. I only found out about it because I was following the brand on Weibo. I had wanted this dress after missing the first release, but the second release didn't have pink, so I am glad I waited until it was released in pink again!



Metamorphose Temps De Fille Cats and Cherry Cake JSK

This dress is unexpectedly super long! The models made it look like a normal length dress but the measurements do not lie, it is a long dress.



Angelic Pretty Melty Chocolate Mini Sleeve JSK? OP?

This is yet another dress that I rarely wear now because it is accumulating damage. I am 100% sure that Melty Chocolate will get a rerelease in the future and I want to get the JSK when it happens.



Angelic Pretty Sweet Cream Princess JSK

Sometimes I like this dress and sometimes I don't. The material makes the straps very flimsy but the colours on it match a lot of things in my wardrobe.



Angelic Pretty Melty Cream Doughnut JSK

I never thought I would get this dress because I was afraid of buying replicas, but I found a listing where I could identify it as genuine just from the photos, so I went for it.



Angel's Heart/天使之心 Small Animal Sewing Shop/小动物裁缝铺Floral JSK + Belt

This is probably someone's nightmare dress because it mixes white/ivory and also different shades of pink, but this is precisely why I like it. I can pair it with different whites, ivories, and pinks. The fabric is really nice and the pockets on both sides are very useful. I bought the belt as an additional purchase because it is super pretty.



Metamorphose Temps De Fille Memories Garden Special Set JSK

This is the special set JSK released this year. I had liked the Memories Garden print for a very long time. This tiered cut convinced me that I really needed to buy it. I ordered it from the Laforet Harajuku online shop because I was afraid it would sell out before it got put up on Metamorphose's online shop.



NyaNya Ostara's Tulip/奥斯塔拉的郁金香JSK

I liked this series and then didn't like this series because of all the comments about the bodice design. It really is very flat and not good. I eventually got it because I couldn't resist the tulip embroidery and really pretty tulip print. The dress is good for daily wear, especially because it has pockets on both sides.



Angelic Pretty Powder Rose JSK

I wore this dress many times last year! People seem to really like it. The only downside is that it has no pockets. I want to collect this print in other colourways too.



Angelic Pretty Dramatic Rose JSK

I don't think I can count the number of times I have worn this dress. I have nothing bad to say about it.



Angelic Pretty Magic Princess JSK

The purchase of this dress marks the third time I have ever bought Magic Princess. I will never sell this dress because I know I will just try to buy it again. I used to own the OP and the other JSK cut but this is the best cut.



Baby, the Stars Shine Bright Heart Apron

I only have one dress that I like to wear with this apron, but I hope I can find more ways to wear it.



Angelic Pretty Stella, Whipped Magic, Secret Rose Princess Skirts

I bought the Whipped Magic skirt for $10CAD! It is very damaged and missing the waist ties. I still need to alter it more so it fits better.



Dolls Party, Dolls Party, Dolls Party

Fluff Mollie, Fluff Mollie, Gatlow Rabbit/加洛特兔

The Dolls Party blouses have heart lace and heart buttons and are some of the most worn blouses in my wardrobe. The Fluff Mollie blouses are from the recent rerelease. I was super excited when the rerelease was announced because I wanted these blouses for a long time!



Fluff Mollie, Baby the Stars Shine Bright, Pumpkin Cat/南瓜猫

Cheval de Bois, Tomato Cat/番茄喵, Angel's Heart/天使之心

The Baby blouse is unexpectedly small because I sometimes don't read measurements and may need to be altered.

The Tomato Cat blouse looks out of place, but I bought it in hopes of wearing it with a certain dress if it ever gets rereleased...

I love the Angel's Heart blouse so much and wish I could find it in the other colourways.



Dear Celine, Angelic Pretty, Angelic Pretty

Alice Girl, Gululu Cat, Angelic Pretty

The Gululu Cat blouse is actually a much darker pink in real life.



MIST/夕雾, Dream Doll/梦境人偶, Canterburybells/猫与风铃草

V.Castle/真空城堡, V.Castle/真空城堡, V.Castle/真空城堡

The Dream Doll blouse is impossibly pretty! I can't wait to wear it when the weather is warmer. I reserved it on the second release.

The V.Castle blouses only have buttons at the top, so this means there is no such thing as gaping. There are also ties at the waist so you can cinch in the waist. They are perfect to wear with skirts.



Angelic Pretty, Angelic Pretty, Angelic Pretty

V.Castle/真空城堡, V.Castle/真空城堡, Fluff Mollie

The Angelic Pretty blouse in the top middle doesn't have an Angelic Pretty tag but it does have the product number/wash tag in it. I have been told that sometimes sample blouses are sold without the Angelic Pretty tag so I have to hope that is true.



Gululu Cat, Gululu Cat

Halo Lolita, Halo Lolita

*middle bows are from the Gululu Cat blouses

The blouses from Halo Lolita are so delicate. I accidentally ripped one of them and now I am scared of wearing them.



Baby the Stars Shine Bright, V.Castle/真空城堡

My dream blouse is Baby's Babydoll bouse with the heart lace! It brings me so much joy when I wear it.

The V.Castle item is actually a cardigan for the sun, with UV protection. I was afraid of it being too warm in the summer but the wind does go through it.



Cat Cocoon/猫茧盒, Whital Alley

I didn't read the description very well, so I didn't know that the Cat Cocoon blouse wasn't cotton until I got it. It's still a nice blouse.

The ribbons on the Whital Alley sweater can be changed out for other colours. I have only done this once and it is too much work.



Cute.Q, Cute.Q, Little Fairy Tale

The Cute.Q short sleeve cutsew and the Little Fairy Tale blouse both have detachable rabbit ears on the collar that are not pictured.



Little Dipper/小熊星座, Little Dipper/小熊星座, Little Dipper/小熊星座

MIST/夕雾, 没烦恼很幸福, MIST/夕雾

The Little Dipper cardigans are a staple item of every sweet lolita.



Baby the Stars Shine Bright, Baby the Stars Shine Bright

The cardigan on the right has a very strange design. There are no buttonholes. The buttons are attached to the other side with thread loops.



Angelic Pretty, Angelic Pretty

I spent way too much money on the Melty Chocolate cardigan (right) but it's so cute!



Cat Tea Party, Baby the Stars Shine Bright

The Baby cardigan is missing a fur collar, but I got the cardigan for a very cheap price.



Angelic Pretty, Baby the Stars Shine Bright

I really like wearing the Baby bolero in the summer!



Angelic Pretty

This is the Nakayoshi Bunny bonnet from the MTO. I was really upset when I got it, but I figured out that adding a piece of wire around the brim helps it keep its shape.



Metamorphose Temps De Fille

This is the matching headdress to the Memories Garden special set. I put this here because I don't have anywhere else to put it.



?, Angelic Pretty, Angel's Heart/天使之心

Waddle Piggy/摇曳小猪, Angelic Pretty, Angelic Pretty

From this point on, please note that any ? means that I don't actually know where it is from or whether it was handmade.



Angelic Pretty, Baby the Stars Shine Bright, Forever 21

Angelic Pretty, Angelic Pretty, Cute.Q

The Baby KC is the hair accessory I wear the most.



Angelic Pretty

It took me several years to find and buy the matching KC for Day Dream Carnival!



Baby the Stars Shine Bright

Angelic Pretty, Baby the Stars Shine Bright, Baby the Stars Shine Bright

The bunny ear bonnet should have probably gotten a bigger image, but it's sooo cute!



Angelic Pretty, Metamorphose Temps De Fille, Angelic Pretty

Sonnet/十四行诗18, Lullaby/摇篮曲, Angelic Pretty



NyaNya, Angelic Pretty

Angelic Pretty, Little Bear/小能熊



她们的故饰会 (modified by me), Angelic Pretty, 小鬼手工饰界 (modified by me)

Metamorphose Temps De Fille, Angelic Pretty, Baby the Stars Shine Bright

I want to collect more of the Baby bunny earmuffs.



垂耳汪, Milk Egg Shell/奶蛋壳, Angel's Heart/天使之心

August Maiden/八月乙女, Milk Egg Shell/奶蛋壳, ?

The top middle image is a mini hat. I still haven't figured out a good way to wear it yet.



The Moon House, Wheat House/麦子屋, Red Maria/红玛丽

Angelic Pretty, Wheat House/麦子屋, Pink Up

The bottom right image is a two way brooch. I like using it with berets.



Sibyl Heisei/平成魔女, Angelic Pretty, Forever 21

Angelic Pretty, Angelic Pretty, Forever 21



Angelic Pretty

Cute.Q, Cute.Q, Stars Mao

The images are not to scale.



?, Cheese Cat/芝士猫, ?

???

The majority of items here were free gifts with some of my orders.



Cheese Cat/芝士猫, Angelic Pretty, Cheese Cat/芝士猫

Cheese Cat/芝士猫, Angelic Pretty, Angelic Pretty

Cheese Cat makes great wristcuffs! I also really liked Angelic Pretty's Bel Ange series so much that I have the wristcuffs in two colourways.



Alice in Halloween/万圣夜爱丽丝

L.Hanajiki/L.花時季, Wheat House/麦子屋, Angelic Pretty, After12am x LUSAA



Alice in Halloween/万圣夜爱丽丝, Dreamy Planet/梦幻星球, Dreamy Planet x C.C.Cat/梦幻星球×吸吸猫, SoftKitty/松松猫

?, ?, 不来一块肉嘛, 沙仑的玫瑰



Cat Tea Party, Angelic Pretty, Cat Tea Party

Alice in Halloween/万圣夜爱丽丝

You may wonder why I have two of the same Angelic Pretty rings. I had bought a second one intending to replace the one I already had, only to find out that there were differences between them. So I don't know which one I want to sell anymore.



?, Daiso, ?

NANACO少女收割机, Alice in Halloween/万圣夜爱丽丝, ?



SoftKitty/松松猫, Dreamy Planet x C.C.Cat/梦幻星球×吸吸猫, Cheese Cat/芝士猫

Handmade, Dreamy Planet x C.C.Cat/梦幻星球×吸吸猫, ???

The hairclips in the bottom left image were handmade by me during a crafting meet. I wanted to make hairclips that matched the dress I was wearing. You can tell that it looks pretty amateur.



Yukine's Box/由纪的八音盒, Angelic Pretty, ? and Handmade

Bodyline, After12am x LUSAA,SoftKitty/松松猫



Middle: Yotsuba's Home/四叶工房, Rest are from Hanfu shops

These items aren't specifically lolita, but I do use them in lolita coords. The fan matches a specific Yotsuba lolita release, but I have not found the dress in my preferred cut/colourway yet.



La Luice, ?, Handmade

The La Luice item is actually a bundle of keychains that I got as a gift with my order. I wanted to include them here because they are so cute! The middle image is a hairclip. The right image is a handmade pin that I made out of felt.



Angelic Pretty, Angelic Pretty



Dreamy Planet/梦幻星球, L.Hanajiki/L.花時季, Dolls Party



Dreamy Planet x C.C.Cat/梦幻星球×吸吸猫, SoftKitty/松松猫, SoftKitty/松松猫



Cat Tea Party,Cheese Cat/芝士猫,沙仑的玫瑰



Angelic Pretty Mook, Girlism x Lovely Lota, Angelic Pretty Mook



Miss Cat/猫小姐

?

The tulip bouquet bag is another item that is from a shop focused on hanfu items, but I think it works perfectly with lolita.



Morning Glory, Yuni Fairy/芋泥优优

The eyes on the image in the right look like different colours, but they are both black.



Lovely Lota

The right image is just the detachable parts of the bag.



Angelic Pretty, Eternity花笺

I will never buy a new Angelic Pretty bag in this material ever again. It is too delicate for how much it cost me to buy it brand new.



Berry.Q, Angel's Heart/天使之心

The Berry.Q bag is my favourite bag. It does not come with the bag charms. I added them myself.

The Angel's Heart bag is pretty small but matches a lot of my wardrobe.



Baby the Stars Shine Bright, La Luice

Usakumya-chan finally came home! I was stubborn and only wanted to buy a brand new Usakumya rucksack directly from Baby. I diligently checked for Baby updates every week for several years until this release in 2022.

The La Luice bunny bag is the larger size and it fits so much inside it!



Angelic Pretty

I'm still so impressed that all the pom pom trim is detachable.



TUAN/团子

This is an overskirt that would work well with Holy Lantern.



C.C.Cat/吸吸猫

Another item I bought during C.C.Cat's closing sales. I like to wear this indoors at home, because I don't want to get it wet or dirty. The hood is very heavy and there's wire inside the bows and ears.



Angelic Pretty, Angelic Pretty



Angelic Pretty

I bought this last year and I wear it all the time. I need to get more short coats.



Sosic Shop (modified by me), In My Name/以我之名转型

I removed the pom poms from the Sosic Shop boots. These boots look like the same colour in photos, but they are more different in real life. I am trying to get rid of my design replica shoes, but the Sosic Shop boots are too useful when the weather outside is bad.



Bodyline, In My Name/以我之名转型, Eternity花笺



Seven Dream/七梦, Kaguya/辉夜



Sheep Puff/绵羊泡芙

I wear these shoes all the time as my daily wear shoes. They were pretty narrow and tight when I first got them but have since become much more comfortable. I want to buy another pair of these in case these wear out prematurely.



Flower Banquet/花筵, Mr.Akita/MR 秋田

These are so pretty to look at but I haven't found a good occasion to wear these to.



Seven Dream/七梦,路小曼

To be honest, I have never worn the shoes (on the right) outside. There are so many detachable parts on it that I am afraid I will lose if I wear it outside.



MODO/摩多, Bodyline?

I love the MODO shoes so much! I want it in more colours.

The Bodyline? is because I don't know if they are actually Bodyline. They are marked Bodyline but I got them on Taobao. I want to get real Vivienne Westwood ones to replace these eventually. Maybe I can compare the two when I do eventually get them?



Elf Armoire, Elf Armoire

These are the most recent release. The pink (on the left) is much darker and more cool toned in real life.



Whale Island/眼睛进了鲸鱼

Whale Island/眼睛进了鲸鱼

Whale Island/眼睛进了鲸鱼

Lumiebre x Imai Kira

I have owned the first 3 parasols for a long time. I got the Lumiebre one last year at a swap meet. I eventually want to use it in a coord with Cat Tea Party. If I had more space, I would collect a lot more parasols.



And now for the items that I bought but haven't arrived yet:

Elf Armoire, Angel's Heart/天使之心 Rainbow/云宝 KC

Whital Alley x Angel's Heart, 少女与魔法书


Angelic Pretty Holy Lantern

Angelic Pretty Dream Doll

Angelic Pretty Princess in Love


The end!!! Maybe I will do socks and other small accessories at a later date.